Community Dialogue on Violence and Our Culture
In the wake of recent shooting deaths in Delray Beach, as well as the Sandy Hook tragedy, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church plans to host a Community Dialogue on Violence and Our Culture. Co-sponsors include St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church, Temple Sinai, and Auroras Voice.
|What||Community Dialogue on Violence and Our Culture|
|Sunday, February 10, 2013|
|188 S. Swinton Ave
Delray Beach, Florida 33444
• Guns and gun violence in our culture
• Failure of the mental health system
• The impact of violence in the media on young people
Expert speakers will offer brief opening statements, which will be followed by small group discussions of the topics presented.
• Dr. Phil Heller, Psy.D, a noted Forensic Psychologist who has been involved in the high profile cases of Nathaniel Brazill, Lee Boyd Malvo, and Marc Benayer
• Pablo del Real of Auroras Voice, a nonprofit organization devoted to continuing the work of Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King
• and other local leaders
FB event page
The dialogue is free and open to the public.